Monday 4 August 2014

Me

As a student now heading into the final year of my BA (Hons) Illustration course, as you can imagine, I really need to finish with a bang. Throughout this course we have completed many projects and within reviewing these, my tutors and I have identified a few strengths of mine. My ever growing interest in science fuels many of my themes as I use the facts and figures as the backbone to my work. This alongside my love of accuracy translates to my work having quite an obvious mathematical influence. Using data as my building bricks in my previous projects, I have created both a fractal animation showing the levels of electrical energy generated per country and diagrams showing the exact scale of our solar system and the planets within it, accurate to the pixel. As you can see I take quite an info graphic approach to my briefs and this really works well with me. I am very different to the rest of my course mates in this respect and I thrive on that. However I intend to take this to the next level and really challenge myself throughout this year. I want to do something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment